Shameless Plug for Side Hustle
So, I started doing this new thing back over the summer, as a "Gee, let's see what happens!" experiment. I created a TeachersPayTeachers Store.
Fully expecting people to follow suit as they do in real life and completely ignore my presence on the internet, I was quite astonished in July to realize that a few individuals were actually buying my self-created materials from student teaching and previous schools. It's not a booming business, but enough people have looked and clicked "buy" that I am actually making a respectable profit that pays off a very small portion of my expenses each month. I effectively have, as one of my dear friends calls it, a "side hustle" going on. Apparently, there are some suckers out there who will pay for just about anything that they could easily have made themselves.
That being said, there are at least a handful of semi-quality things on my TPT store, so if you're a teacher or know someone who is and is looking for materials for classroom management, or for materials for English in middle grades, please consider checking it out and spreading the word if you think it's worth sharing.
Merci!
Fully expecting people to follow suit as they do in real life and completely ignore my presence on the internet, I was quite astonished in July to realize that a few individuals were actually buying my self-created materials from student teaching and previous schools. It's not a booming business, but enough people have looked and clicked "buy" that I am actually making a respectable profit that pays off a very small portion of my expenses each month. I effectively have, as one of my dear friends calls it, a "side hustle" going on. Apparently, there are some suckers out there who will pay for just about anything that they could easily have made themselves.
That being said, there are at least a handful of semi-quality things on my TPT store, so if you're a teacher or know someone who is and is looking for materials for classroom management, or for materials for English in middle grades, please consider checking it out and spreading the word if you think it's worth sharing.
Merci!
You can also see a Pinterest Board of all the products in my TPT store on my Pinterest account:


Comments
Post a Comment
Comments welcome, but kind/respectful words only, please.