Things I've recently noticed
1. I have zero capability of dealing with confrontation, and negative capability of dealing with blatant rudeness from others. Like, I just don't get it. I spend every waking moment worrying about everyone else's feelings around me; how can you just not care?? Is empathy a thing that can be de-activated or powered off? Like, is there a switch located behind my ear somewhere that I don't know about? Please help me find it.
2. I have maybe used the school bathroom this year 10 times. I also apparently have a bladder of steel.
3. My sister and brother should never spend time together. They're thick as thieves, and it doesn't bode well for society at large. Consider yourself warned.
4. I can't keep plants alive. I have a red thumb, or a purple pinky, or something. I have been given more plants this year by students, and no matter how hard I try, no matter what directions I carefully follow, everything dies. I have a new orchid as of last week; it's officially the responsibility of my sixth grade girls. I've sworn I'm not touching it.
5. Tea is better with cookies and company.
6. I also can't keep iphones in one piece for longer than 11 months at a time. They have a tendency to fall and shatter on the floor and I have yet to fully investigate why I am so prone to this. Perhaps it is related to having purple pinkies?
7. My hair is too long. Too bad I'm afraid that if I cut it I won't know what to do with it and I'll hate it. But then again, I don't know what to do with it as it is.
8. I intend to publish a book before getting married. Besides being a better career plan, this also affords me the opportunity to use my maiden name as my pen name, and provides a handy excuse in the case that my future fiance has an ugly surname. I like my dad's family name too much, anyway.
9. I am no longer allergic to lipstick and other lip cosmetics. It turns out, they come in colors apart from my mom's bubble-gum pink and fire-engine red. How about that?!
10. I AM allergic to the male species. In fact, I am allergic to all of them, big and small, young and old. 99.3% of them are horrible human beings, no matter what walk of life they come from. Infant to grave, they're untrustworthy, rude, un-empathetic, and easily amused by the most idiotic and vulgar of things. Why should I want anything to do with such people?
11. Windows 8 is not, after all, the most evil operating system known to man. But it is still not the most likable.
12. Making good friends is harder when you don't go to school anymore.
13. I'm a lot less traditional and girly than I was just a couple of years ago. Maybe it's the classical Christian school-thing getting to me, or maybe it's just from living in semi-hipster Nashville, but I'm feeling edgier these days. Red leather jackets and dark purple nail polish and things. Don't mess with me.
14. Pedicures aren't so bad, after all.
15. Neither are parents.

2. I have maybe used the school bathroom this year 10 times. I also apparently have a bladder of steel.
3. My sister and brother should never spend time together. They're thick as thieves, and it doesn't bode well for society at large. Consider yourself warned.
4. I can't keep plants alive. I have a red thumb, or a purple pinky, or something. I have been given more plants this year by students, and no matter how hard I try, no matter what directions I carefully follow, everything dies. I have a new orchid as of last week; it's officially the responsibility of my sixth grade girls. I've sworn I'm not touching it.5. Tea is better with cookies and company.
6. I also can't keep iphones in one piece for longer than 11 months at a time. They have a tendency to fall and shatter on the floor and I have yet to fully investigate why I am so prone to this. Perhaps it is related to having purple pinkies?
8. I intend to publish a book before getting married. Besides being a better career plan, this also affords me the opportunity to use my maiden name as my pen name, and provides a handy excuse in the case that my future fiance has an ugly surname. I like my dad's family name too much, anyway.
9. I am no longer allergic to lipstick and other lip cosmetics. It turns out, they come in colors apart from my mom's bubble-gum pink and fire-engine red. How about that?!
10. I AM allergic to the male species. In fact, I am allergic to all of them, big and small, young and old. 99.3% of them are horrible human beings, no matter what walk of life they come from. Infant to grave, they're untrustworthy, rude, un-empathetic, and easily amused by the most idiotic and vulgar of things. Why should I want anything to do with such people?11. Windows 8 is not, after all, the most evil operating system known to man. But it is still not the most likable.
12. Making good friends is harder when you don't go to school anymore.
13. I'm a lot less traditional and girly than I was just a couple of years ago. Maybe it's the classical Christian school-thing getting to me, or maybe it's just from living in semi-hipster Nashville, but I'm feeling edgier these days. Red leather jackets and dark purple nail polish and things. Don't mess with me.
14. Pedicures aren't so bad, after all.
15. Neither are parents.






Comments
Post a Comment
Comments welcome, but kind/respectful words only, please.