Home-sick

Being at home is like an endless battle; Mom never wants to let anything go, it's like she has to pursue arguing with me for all eternity. She wears me down so much that I get to a point where I feel emotionally dead. I literally don't want to do anything but sleep when I'm home. I slept for 12 hours last night, and I woke up this morning to my mother coming to rant and rage at me about something else, and now I just want to crawl back into bed again, though I'm not sleepy-tired at all.

It's funny, because I watch my friends at school stressing out and freaking out about things and breaking down over theses and capstone projects and such nonsense, and for me, those things are just assignments that you do, you maybe lose a little sleep over, and then you move on. You make the grade--maybe it's not an A, but you make it--and then life goes on and no one ever remembers that again.

But the things that are really upsetting in life for me don't come from schoolwork; they come from home. For me, being home isn't a vacation; it's an emotional roller coaster. It's been nice to see my family, but I can't deny that I'm ready to go back to school tomorrow, even knowing everything that I have to do.



Comments

Popular Posts