Packing....and moving....and packing...

I tried to convince myself to do my capstone proposal before I left Nashville, and it's only now that I remember why I should've tried harder. I meant to go for a run this morning, come back and take a shower, and then sit down and crank out my capstone the rest of the day, and go ahead and finish up all the research for the actual project so I won't have to worry about it over the summer.

So much for that.

So far today, I have moved ten large pieces of furniture, filled and lugged about 20 plastic bins worth of junk to and from the house to the car and then the car to the house, and sneezed about fifty times. I got rudely awakened by my mom this morning saying I needed to get up ASAP because we were going to try to move as much stuff out of my grandfather's house today while he was gone for the day to a luncheon out in the country. So that's what I've been doing all day. No peaceful run outside, no capstone work--in fact, I haven't even finished unpacking my own books I brought home in my large suitcase to put away. Oh well. I won't complain about helping my parents--they need it--and they can only go into the house and move stuff when my grandfather is distracted, which isn't very often. Trying to move anything with his knowledge or presence is just asking for belligerence. We need to get his house ready to sell, and he's the largest barrier to that whole process. So I understand that my parents need my help, but I wish I had reminded myself that this would happen.

Whenever I go home, I get caught up helping move things and clean things out--there's so much junk (you have NO IDEA how gross it is to have to dump out drawers everywhere stuffed with junk mail and used tissues, etc.) that needs to be gone through and sorted (because, believe it or not, every 300 pieces of junk trash you pick up, there's one important financial statement or rare family heirloom). I somehow forget that I get tied up with all the cleaning and sorting and moving, along with just helping my mom with cooking and cleaning and taking care of the house. So no schoolwork or paperwork of my own gets done. Sigh. I so wish I had just forced myself to get capstone done before I left Nashville. Oh, well. What's done is done. I'll sit down to do it once they've all gone to bed and I can be left in peace without being nagged to move crap or make dinner or be constantly interrupted and nagged by my mother.




Comments

Popular Posts