Day Three of Surprise Snackage, or, A Peace Offering Gone Awry

I forgot to take a photo of them, but today I made my baby brother a batch of my very favorite 'Cathy' cookies (named after my dear bestie who originally acquired and shared the recipe with me). Basically they're oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with heath bar bits. The recipe I use can be found here, but I substitute an 11 oz package of toffee pieces for the nuts in the recipe (this girl's not a huge fan of nuts, especially in her chocolate cookies).

This really needs a picture for explaining, but I have this old cookie jar that I found when my family had to empty the kitchen for our remodeling two years ago, and mom and dad were about to throw it out but I saved the poor thing because I thought it was cute. It's a ceramic goose. Like, as in, imagine Jemima Puddle Duck, except substitute the blue bonnet for a scarf, and there you go. If you do not know who Jemima Puddle Duck is, then I pity you because you clearly missed out on a great set of stories and illustations as a kid and you should go google her now.

Moving on. This poor ceramic duck-goose cookie jar was lonely and needed a job, so I gave her one. I named her Lucy (as in, Lucy the Goose) and left her with a note outside my bedroom door at the end of the hall. She was a great secretary, until my cruel brother and sister decided to mess with her (and me). They stole her head (her head is the top of the cookie jar) and wouldn't give it back. In its place, they left notes with things like, "Oh, no! Lucy lost her head!" Ha ha ha, siblings. Veryyy amusing (NOT). Anyway, so I finally recovered her head a few months ago, and today I decided my brother's study snack could double as a peace offering of sorts. Well, that didn't really go according to plan, because I left Lucy full of cookies with a peace-offering note on the kitchen table with my brother's books while he was outside playing basketball, and when I returned a few hours later, several of the cookies were missing, along with her head. As it turns out, all peace negotiations have now ceased, and we are presently on the brink of outright war.



This far, no further. 

GAME ON, LITTLE BROTHER. LET'S PLAY.



Edit: This is Lucy the Goose, in case you wanted a visual. I found a photo of her:


Comments

Popular Posts