So as the spring semester of my year of graduate school is coming to a close, I realize that this week will be my last as a regular student. I will have summer classes in June and July, but then starting August 1st I will make the abrupt swap from student to teacher, and not gonna lie, it's gonna be WEIRD. It's strange to be thinking I will moving so suddenly into the working world after having spent eighteen years straight as a student. I can't imagine what it will be like to go through a school year without papers to write or powerpoint presentations to plan. Obviously, I won't miss those things. But there are others I think I will miss. I'll miss doodling on the edges of my notes, and sketching my professors in my lap. I'm already missing studying the things that I love: literature, history, and French. I miss reading interesting texts for school--educational texts and articles are epically boring. I'm actually trying to put more classic lit books on my personal reading list just because I miss the intellectual stimulation. College, I've realized, is this magical world where you get to spend all your time studying the things that really interest you--it's the only time when you can do schoolwork that you find truly fascinating.

I miss it.





Comments

Popular Posts