Life Lessons in Motor Vehicle Care

Today my dear roomie and I had quite a fun morning trying to sort out a flat tire in the rain. The poor dear got a flat tire at 1am last night, and she drove the last mile home with it, where she promptly had to park it all the way in the back of the apartment complex. Because the complex has been systematically re-paving, cars keep shifting around and there are fewer spaces so parking has been harder this past week. Poor thing, she ended up in the far back corner. So then this morning--in monsoon-like, pouring-down rain, mind you--we tried to call AAA with my membership to get them to come out and change the tire to the spare, but at first, I had the wrong number because I had an old card of my mum's instead of one in my name. But eventually we got the matter sorted out. Once we actually got the order put through, the guy arrived within the half-hour and it didn't take him long to change it.

The good news is, since we watched him change it, I feel confident now that I could change a tire on my own, provided I could figure out how to use the carjack. I award myself 500 adulthood points :)




Comments

Popular Posts