Fresh Salsa
Some of my friends from my cohort and I had a little end-of-the-semester fiesta party--complete with margaritas ;) I made homemade salsa, and I think it turned out pretty okay for the most part. I combined a couple of different recipes I found on the internet along with my own contributions and this is what resulted:
Ingredients:
4 lbs roma tomatoes
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 sweet onion
2 cloves garlic
1.5 tablespoon garlic powder (to give it a little more flavor throughout)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
Chop up all the veggies + the garlic, combine with other ingredients, and mix it all together. Pretty simple. In making my salsa, I ran into the problem that all I had to dice tomatoes, onions, and cilantro was a basic kitchen knife, so unfortunately, the veggies weren't diced as fine as I would have liked, but on the whole it still tasted okay :)
Ingredients:
4 lbs roma tomatoes
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 sweet onion
2 cloves garlic
1.5 tablespoon garlic powder (to give it a little more flavor throughout)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
Chop up all the veggies + the garlic, combine with other ingredients, and mix it all together. Pretty simple. In making my salsa, I ran into the problem that all I had to dice tomatoes, onions, and cilantro was a basic kitchen knife, so unfortunately, the veggies weren't diced as fine as I would have liked, but on the whole it still tasted okay :)



Comments
Post a Comment
Comments welcome, but kind/respectful words only, please.