Care Packages
This has been a rather tough week for one of my dearest besties, and since I can't be there to do this
My Three-Part Care Package Plan:
Part One: Food
I baked my bestie some extremelyy chocolatey cookies called "Chocolate Chubbies". I stole the recipe from http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/12/chocolate-chubbies-recipe.html. I think they turned out pretty decent...
Part Two: Love
Part Three: Fun
...I baked her some goodies and sent her a last-minute care package today instead.
My Three-Part Care Package Plan:
Part One: Food
First, I had to melt the unsweetened chocolate over a pot of boiling water, along with some butter.
Then, I whipped up the eggs and sugar..
...and added the chocolate...
...and then the flour...
...and finally, the chocolate chips :)
Ta-da!
Part Two: Love
Since my bestie is a dancer, and her favorite color is purple, I happened upon this lovely little friend and couldn't resist:
As you can see, she also was a great assistant in helping me prepare my cookie sheet for baking :)
Part Three: Fun
When it was all done, I couldn't figure out how to package the cookies for minimal breakage, so I ended up being resourceful and cramming them into a recycled tissue box. And then I jazzed it up a little with some festive scrapbook paper.






So sweet!! I'm sure she'll love it! :)
ReplyDelete