My room has turned into Hogwarts.

Because I don't have a summer job, and because I didn't have one last summer, or this past winter, I had to find an inventive way to keep myself both occupied, as well as out of the way of the rest of my family (and in hiding from my grandfather). So I got this crazy idea that I would paint one of my walls. And that turned into another wall, which turned into another...you get the idea. Anyway. My room now is a conglomeration of places in Hogwarts. Yes, I have no life. No, you do not have to remind me. Yes, I see you rolling your eyes. No, I am still proud of all of this and shamelessly posting it on the internet, because it took more time and effort that I'd probably care to admit. And YES, I will stop talking now, and just show you the pictures....

Mural #1 - The Hogwarts Express / Platform 9 and 3/4



Mural #2 - The Trophy Room



...and check out the details: 

And yes, those dates are all correct. I double-checked them.




Triwizard Cup.


Mural #3 - Gryffindor dormitory

I haven't done it yet, but I think I'm going to add a Chudley Cannons book, a decapitated Krum action figure arm, and the end of a Cleansweep Eleven broomstick under the edge of Ron's bed.
Some of Harry's books are already visible on his bedside table:




Mural #4 : The Gryffindor Tower Common room

Also try to find: 
Extendable Ears
Fanged Frisbee
one of Hermione's portable fires
Gryffindor noticeboard
Golden Snitch
'Potter Stinks' badges
a bit of Ronald Weasley's homework, which reads, "How to defeat Dugbogs, by Roonil Wazlib"



Mural #5: The 142 Hogwarts Staircases / The Fat lady



Mural #6: The Great Hall

(Please also note the stained glass window: 


...and the sorting hat sitting on the stool at front :)



Mural #7: The Hospital Wing



(and lastly, a work in progress)
Mural #8: The Hogwarts Grounds
This is only the first side--the second hasn't been sketched out yet, but will include the greenhouses, quidditch pitch, and some familiar magical creatures :)



So there you have it. You may officially tell me I have no life. I am perfectly content to sit here pretending I do actually live in Hogwarts.




Comments

Popular Posts