A Summary of Emotions in Two Lists
My stuff is (finally!) all packed, over-packed even (hello, extra weight fees), and so I have just a couple of hours for a jog and some reflection before heading off to the Whey Pat for one last round of nachos, and saying goodbye to all my friends.
I can honestly say I've never wanted to not leave somewhere as much as I don't want to leave St Andrews now.
But to make things easier, I'm going to summarize by making two lists:
Things I will be glad to see again:
meals without potatoes !!!
thinking in dollars, not pounds-to-dollars
my family (of course)
my doggie Sandy :)
good Mexican food that doesn't taste like someone tried to make it with curry...?
doing laundry with confidence and it not costing 5 GBP plus hand-washing and air-drying techniques
soup that tastes like something other than flavourless broth
no more freaking huge and scary seagulls
my jeep
normal light switches
single fawcetts for both hot and cold water
potable drinking water in my room
actual darkness outside until about 6 or 6:30am instead of 3
an abundance of blankets
my EnV3 touch cell phone as opposed to my Carphone Warehouse phone
real kitchens (maybe; unless I come home to full construction demolition)
wireless internet. Everywhere.
changing my own sheets and therefore not fearing for Raggedy Ann's life
normal-looking plugs that don't require adapter-thingies
Things I will miss about Scotland:
going running along the coast of the North Sea
the North Sea itself.
living next-door to ancient nearly 1000 year-old ruins
all the rain (crazy, right? but I've come to actually enjoy it...not to mention that it never thunderstorms here. nice change)
Sallies JSA's!!! :( :( :(
windows that open to the side rather than ones that you have to push up on which stick all the time
Primark and Accessorize (although, apparently Accessorize is starting to come to the US...?)
watercolouring with friends :) <3
choco-milk! :)
having a legit wardrobe
cooler spellings
cool weather
eating in a hall like Hogwarts
walking around Sallies at night and pretending I'm sneaking around Hogwarts out-of-bed after hours underneath an invisibility cloak
late-night Tesco runs
awesome varieties of fruit juices in the grocery store
wraps from Butler
Zizzi's fusili al pesto
living in an actual TOWN
passing bunny rabbits on the way to the Sports Centre
being the only people in Sallies to actually use our room phones to call one another
toilet-papering certain guys' rooms ;)
taking walks down the pier
stalking royalty
going and checking our pigeon holes at least twice a day
second-lunches and second-dinners
zebra crossings
bells tolling everyday outside my window
green grass
PAIGE WALLIS.
BESS COOLEY.
ANNA CASEY.
stalking weddings in St Salvator's Chapel
leaping over Patrick Hamilton's stone
great place-names like 'The Scores' and 'Butt's Wynd'
being in the native homeland of Harry Potter
people writing things of questionable legality/appropriateness on my dye-erased board to-do list
waiting outside for five hours in the freezing cold by the sea to buy tickets for May Ball
beautiful stone churches
Bibi's cupcakes :)
seeing kilts on a regular basis in everyday life
making ridiculous hour-and-a-half-long videos while on secret missions with Bess Cooley
coming back to my room and finding four or five people squeezed on my bed and leaving no room for me
making facebook hit lists
seeing LUCY JAMES whenever I want
enjoying my own bottle of ketchup at meals with Paige Wallis
catching up on Gossip Girl with Jessica Kyle on Tuesday evenings
epic Chariots of Fire runs down West Sands
being taught lines of kings of England and Scotland via Jessica Kyle and Paige Wallis' bizarre mnemonic devices
getting sketch videos posted on my facebook wall by certain sketchy people....
being 'sponsored by strongbo'
whimpering everytime I hear the term "rape stairs"
being surprised when a certain generally-absent individual decides to actually turn up in one of our 11 classes together each week
royal weddings/royal wedding parties
taking afternoon shopping trips to Dundee with girlfriends :) (and sometimes even getting our ears pierced...)
skyping into RUF large groups at 1am Scotland time
going out on Tuesday nights
Fire alarms at 9:30am every wednesday
using the phrase, "BI-WINNING" every five seconds
beating boys at foosball in Ma Bell's
learning to shotgun beers and take tequila shots---thank you, drew
being randomly interviewed with Jessica Kyle by BBC China....??!
putting Harry Potter and Shakespeare stamps on letters
Charlie Sheen and 'Party in the Stomach' jokes
shouting at people from our second-floor (really, in American terms, third floor) window
learning more about Americans and accents than I've ever known
giving haircuts to friends
Sallies link group girls <3
awkward relationship jokes about Marge's marital/extra-marital status
colourful Scottish pound notes
I can honestly say I've never wanted to not leave somewhere as much as I don't want to leave St Andrews now.
But to make things easier, I'm going to summarize by making two lists:
Things I will be glad to see again:
meals without potatoes !!!
thinking in dollars, not pounds-to-dollars
my family (of course)
my doggie Sandy :)
good Mexican food that doesn't taste like someone tried to make it with curry...?
doing laundry with confidence and it not costing 5 GBP plus hand-washing and air-drying techniques
soup that tastes like something other than flavourless broth
no more freaking huge and scary seagulls
my jeep
normal light switches
single fawcetts for both hot and cold water
potable drinking water in my room
actual darkness outside until about 6 or 6:30am instead of 3
an abundance of blankets
my EnV3 touch cell phone as opposed to my Carphone Warehouse phone
real kitchens (maybe; unless I come home to full construction demolition)
wireless internet. Everywhere.
changing my own sheets and therefore not fearing for Raggedy Ann's life
normal-looking plugs that don't require adapter-thingies
Things I will miss about Scotland:
going running along the coast of the North Sea
the North Sea itself.
living next-door to ancient nearly 1000 year-old ruins
all the rain (crazy, right? but I've come to actually enjoy it...not to mention that it never thunderstorms here. nice change)
Sallies JSA's!!! :( :( :(
windows that open to the side rather than ones that you have to push up on which stick all the time
Primark and Accessorize (although, apparently Accessorize is starting to come to the US...?)
watercolouring with friends :) <3
choco-milk! :)
having a legit wardrobe
cooler spellings
cool weather
eating in a hall like Hogwarts
walking around Sallies at night and pretending I'm sneaking around Hogwarts out-of-bed after hours underneath an invisibility cloak
late-night Tesco runs
awesome varieties of fruit juices in the grocery store
wraps from Butler
Zizzi's fusili al pesto
living in an actual TOWN
passing bunny rabbits on the way to the Sports Centre
being the only people in Sallies to actually use our room phones to call one another
toilet-papering certain guys' rooms ;)
taking walks down the pier
stalking royalty
going and checking our pigeon holes at least twice a day
second-lunches and second-dinners
zebra crossings
bells tolling everyday outside my window
green grass
PAIGE WALLIS.
BESS COOLEY.
ANNA CASEY.
stalking weddings in St Salvator's Chapel
leaping over Patrick Hamilton's stone
great place-names like 'The Scores' and 'Butt's Wynd'
being in the native homeland of Harry Potter
people writing things of questionable legality/appropriateness on my dye-erased board to-do list
waiting outside for five hours in the freezing cold by the sea to buy tickets for May Ball
beautiful stone churches
Bibi's cupcakes :)
seeing kilts on a regular basis in everyday life
making ridiculous hour-and-a-half-long videos while on secret missions with Bess Cooley
coming back to my room and finding four or five people squeezed on my bed and leaving no room for me
making facebook hit lists
seeing LUCY JAMES whenever I want
enjoying my own bottle of ketchup at meals with Paige Wallis
catching up on Gossip Girl with Jessica Kyle on Tuesday evenings
epic Chariots of Fire runs down West Sands
being taught lines of kings of England and Scotland via Jessica Kyle and Paige Wallis' bizarre mnemonic devices
getting sketch videos posted on my facebook wall by certain sketchy people....
being 'sponsored by strongbo'
whimpering everytime I hear the term "rape stairs"
being surprised when a certain generally-absent individual decides to actually turn up in one of our 11 classes together each week
royal weddings/royal wedding parties
taking afternoon shopping trips to Dundee with girlfriends :) (and sometimes even getting our ears pierced...)
skyping into RUF large groups at 1am Scotland time
going out on Tuesday nights
Fire alarms at 9:30am every wednesday
using the phrase, "BI-WINNING" every five seconds
beating boys at foosball in Ma Bell's
learning to shotgun beers and take tequila shots---thank you, drew
being randomly interviewed with Jessica Kyle by BBC China....??!
putting Harry Potter and Shakespeare stamps on letters
Charlie Sheen and 'Party in the Stomach' jokes
shouting at people from our second-floor (really, in American terms, third floor) window
learning more about Americans and accents than I've ever known
giving haircuts to friends
Sallies link group girls <3
awkward relationship jokes about Marge's marital/extra-marital status
colourful Scottish pound notes


Comments
Post a Comment
Comments welcome, but kind/respectful words only, please.