Day Fourt of Spring Break Euro Trip
[from Sunday, April 3, 2011 - Paris, day two]
So the day start
ed out brilliantly. I tasted my first real French pastry, saw the magnificent interior of the Opera, and was shown the secret way into the Louvre by a randomly kind stranger.
Then things began to go downhill.
While still reveling in the glory of by-passing the line stretching the entire length of the Palais Louvre Courtyard, I tried to crop my cell phone in my purse as I placed it on the security conveyor belt, managing instead to fumble and drop it. It bounced off the edge of the conveyor belt, and clattered to the floor beneath the machine, where no one could reach.
Excellent.
The security lady managed to fish it out, but its back and battery were missing and no where to be found. They called several others over to retriev
e it, but in the end, after waiting around for nearly half an hour, I told them not to worry about it and just left to go buy a new one to put my old SIM card in.
After trekking around through the rain for an hour, I finally managed to find an Orange store--which, along with everything else, was closed because it was Sunday. Of course.
Not gonna lie, I was majorly disappointed. That was the one thing I was most excited to see. What a unfortunate afternoon. But at least we got some awesome pictures of the Opera in...
So the day start
Then things began to go downhill.
While still reveling in the glory of by-passing the line stretching the entire length of the Palais Louvre Courtyard, I tried to crop my cell phone in my purse as I placed it on the security conveyor belt, managing instead to fumble and drop it. It bounced off the edge of the conveyor belt, and clattered to the floor beneath the machine, where no one could reach.
Excellent.
The security lady managed to fish it out, but its back and battery were missing and no where to be found. They called several others over to retriev
After trekking around through the rain for an hour, I finally managed to find an Orange store--which, along with everything else, was closed because it was Sunday. Of course.
In the end, I finally went dejectedly back to our hotel as it was getting late, and I was getting rather wet. Louvre fail.
Not gonna lie, I was majorly disappointed. That was the one thing I was most excited to see. What a unfortunate afternoon. But at least we got some awesome pictures of the Opera in...


Comments
Post a Comment
Comments welcome, but kind/respectful words only, please.