a prayer for a spore

(from Saturday, March 19th)

Dear Lord,
Tonight I want to thank you for my little brother, bizarre child that he is. I may spend most of my time with him fighting--whether verbally or physically--but ultimately, he is not the "little spore" that I perpetually claim he is. I want to thank you for the weird little things that make my brother, MY brother--that he does things like regularly cleaning his room of his own volition, and refusing to ever wear anything but khakis-- and that, despite how absolutely OBNOXIOUS he is to me, it's because it's his way of telling someone he loves them. Thank you that I have someone in my family with whom I share a similar interest in art, and for the rare moments when he and I stop fighting, and just get the chance to appreciate one another. Lord, I thank you that he is becoming such an awesome individual; Father, I cannot praise you enough for how much me makes his older sister proud--in school, in sports, in music, and in his friendships. There are so few middle school-age boys that have his sense of dedication, responsibility, and kindness. Lord, I pray that as he turns 13 in the coming weeks and begins the transition from child to adult, that You would continue to guide him and shape him into the wonderful person that I already see him becoming.

I know that I cried when I first heard that I'd have a little brother, but Father, I cannot praise You enough for his blessing in my life and family. Thank You for John.

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts