a prayer for healing

(from Thursday, March 10)

Dear Lord,

Today, I’ve decided to pray for my friend Perrin, because, even though I haven’t talked to her in a while, she is still dear to my heart, and I know that the past week has been difficult for her since it was one year ago that she found out about her cancer. Lord, I know she is hurting, but I also know that she is discovering you and your glory and mercy more and more every day that she fights the disease in her body. The way that you can take terrible things in our world and still use them for your glory is truly so amazing.

Father, I thank you for Perrin’s friendship in my life. I feel like without her, I might not even be praying to you now the way that I am. Thank you for providing me with someone who, as I entered high school, showed me not only what it’s like to have a relationship with You, but also what that looks like in everyday life. She set the example for me for how to be a Christian who is “in the world, but not of it”, and for that, I ask You to bless her dearly.

Lord, continue to be with Perrin, healing her, and drawing her ever closer to You.

In Your precious name I pray,

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts