An early Christmas present...
So yesterday, my sister got a call from one of Rachael Ray's assistants....telling her she had won a Seventeen Magazine contest she entered several weeks ago. She, along with the other two finalists, are going to be filmed at home making their recipe entry, and then flown to New York a couple of days later to be filmed bringing their entry out to a panel of judges. Pretty cool, huh?
What's really funny, is, that apparently my sister just barely made the deadline. She literally submitted her entry online just a few minutes before midnight. Figures.
Anyway, we're all really excited for her--and she's super-excited herself. Her favorite food network person has been Rachael Ray since she was in, like, the seventh grade (she's a junior now).
Are you curious as to what her winning recipe was? Well, I can't tell you just yet, but I can say that she invented a dip for sweet potato fries. Yum.

Christmas morning, many years ago...I'm the one with the UVA shirt. Elizabeth (my sister) is the one in the pink sheep. My (dorky) brother is wearing dinosaur pj's.
What's really funny, is, that apparently my sister just barely made the deadline. She literally submitted her entry online just a few minutes before midnight. Figures.
Anyway, we're all really excited for her--and she's super-excited herself. Her favorite food network person has been Rachael Ray since she was in, like, the seventh grade (she's a junior now).
Are you curious as to what her winning recipe was? Well, I can't tell you just yet, but I can say that she invented a dip for sweet potato fries. Yum.
Christmas morning, many years ago...I'm the one with the UVA shirt. Elizabeth (my sister) is the one in the pink sheep. My (dorky) brother is wearing dinosaur pj's.


Comments
Post a Comment
Comments welcome, but kind/respectful words only, please.