Stupid Margaret Ann Moments

So this has been one of those weeks where I just repeatedly stop and ask myself, "why??", "why me??", "why am I the only person that I know that this would ever happen to???" Here's my week in review:

Monday: Realized (after a night when I went to bed at 9am and woke up at 10:30am) that I had not seen my Mon/Wed/Fri notebook in a while. I hadn't taken it to class in over a week, and I looked all around my room to find it. It wasn't there. So, essentially, I lost all my history, government, and french notes from the whole semester. I still have yet to find this fugitive binder.

Tuesday: (while on a photo scavenger hunt) rammed myself straight into, and was taken out by, a fire hydrant. Fifteen steps later, trampled both feet through a 3-in deep mud puddle. Several minutes later, while running, lost (already mud-covered) shoe. And the grand end to my epic scavenger hunt journey? Realizing on the way back that I'd lost my ticket to a dance out of my pocket. Retraced my steps in the dark later; never found it.

Wednesday: Decided I had put off laundry long enough and would do it between classes. Pulled down laundry basket, detergent, and stain remover from top shelf of desk. Dropped stain remover. Top popped off, and half the bottle spilled all over my desk and down in its drawers. Spent my hour and a half cleaning up a suds-y mess instead of actually washing clothes. Drawer handles are still sticky.

Thursday (today): Decided I wanted to pretend I was Chloe O'Brian while simultaneously locking mean people-who-might-block-my-facebook out of my computer. Set-up the fingerprint scanner security system. Proceeded to log out and attempt to re-login to my computer. Was told that my fingers were "not providing the necessary credentials". Looked up the word 'credentials' in a dictionary. Discovered that I was locked out of my own computer. Took computer to IT, where they had to pull out a licensed hacker's disk to tap into Windows from MS DOS and look up all my old usernames and passwords. Got my computer back fifty minutes later fingerprint-security free. Decided I am definitely NOT Chloe O'Brian, and that I will never be using my fingerprint scanner EVER again.


What more disaster could I possibly wreak on my life tomorrow?? Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

Comments

Popular Posts